This season at Christ Community we are focusing on Worshiping Fully, Spending Less, Giving More and Loving All. So what are some practical ways to spend less this season? Below are a few things we have come up with…we would LOVE to hear y’alls ideas on how to spend less this Christmas season so go over to our facebook page and leave a comment!
- Set a budget….and stick to it!
- Bake–who doesn’t love some baked goods:)
- Make things (jewelry, scarves, etc.)
- Instead of buying gifts; give people the gift of your time (take someone for coffee, offer to watch someones kids…)
- Do “secret pals” and draw names within your family so that you are only buying one gift
And this is one of the best ideas I have heard: Try to spend as much on Jesus (through church, ministries, giving, etc.) then you do on any one person; because, as cliche as it sounds He is the reason we are celebrating the season!